Be Road Trip Ready!
Start out with a fresh oil change, topped-off fluids, tires aired-up properly and in good condition, fresh wiper blades, and of course, a full tank of gas (unless of course you’re driving an electric car, in which case, plan where you will charge up.) Place GPS and/or road maps where they are easily accessible. Pack a first-aid kit, flashlight with fresh batteries, and if your vehicle, an extra key. Pack for comfort and ease of travel.
- Pack extra water and snack
- Bring a pair of binoculars for wildlife viewing
- Bring a small cooler for picnicking or bringing home perishable souvenirs
- Check the forecast before you leave; pack appropriate clothing for the weather
- Make sure to choose clothing that is comfortable both for driving and the activities you plan
- No matter what time of year, always pack for rainy weather (and an extra pair of socks doesn’t hurt either)
- If you’re planning to camp, pack appropriately and don’t forget the bug spray, just in case
- Be ready for sticky fingers whether from snacks, picnicking or sappy trees—wet wipes are a must-bring item